COMPLIANCE SUPPORT AND CONTROL TESTING TEAM MEMBER
The team member is responsible to
- design appropriate internal controls for business processes in line with control definition as per the client’s controls manual, and
- perform internal control testing as per the client’s defined calendar and methodology, to assess the operating effectiveness of internal controls.
Ensure that F&A service delivery is robust with necessary internal controls over financial reporting.
§ Maintain internal controls documentation (process flows, control objectives and control activities) in line with current processes.
§ Train delivery team/s on internal control policies and procedures from time to time.
§ Participate in the business risk assessment process managed/coordinated by Client, and support remediation of risks
§ Define internal checks and balances, controls, checklists and internal review mechanisms to ensure accuracy in day-to-day processing and submissions.
§ Evaluate control risks areas where risk levels may have changed. Update assessment for changes in the control environment.
§ Perform control testing testing as per documented procedures to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
§ Document the testing performed as per approved documentation standards.
§ For failed controls, suggest necessary internal controls for remediation of deficiency and monitor remediation as per planned timeline.
§ Recommend process improvement opportunities for efficient and effective control testing.
§ Report on critical internal policy requirements, deviations, etc. according to the internal control policies and procedures.
§ Adherence to the control testing calendar and defined KPIs.
- Might be required to travel to client location(s) on DD (Due diligence) or KT (Onsite Knowledge transfer) or to be part of client meetings
- Provides assistance within the agreed framework in case of any ad-hoc request raised by the client
- Comply with internal requirements, respond to the queries / requests of the team lader, project manager and / or the other internal supervisor regarding TCS internal administrative tasks such as time sheet completion, performance management etc.
- Support the Team Leader by providing the requested data / information regarding the internal and external reporting
- Other tasks that are related to the position and are assigned by the supervisor including working in any other language(s) spoken at the required level
Associate might be required to be trained and act as backup of other activities
- Sound understanding of audit and accounting principles
- Eye for detail
- Ability to sense an actual / potential problem and effective problem solving and analysis,
- Effective communication– both oral and written
- Critical Thinking and reasoning ability.
- Customer Oriented and Result Oriented
· Knowledge of the SAP
· Knowledge of GRC or other audit tools
Education and Experience levels
- Bachelors in Commerce / Accounting