As part of the cluster delivery team this role is responsible for reviewing the VAT compliance and other reports done by Preparer colleagues to ensure processes are followed, quality expectations are met and prepared materials are ready for delivery to the relevant authorities.
This role will encompass the following activities:
- Reviewing VAT compliance and other reports prepared by the Preparer colleagues
- Reviewing client data
- Reviewing emails to clients and tax authorities
- Communication with clients and tax authorities
- If asked by country expert, reviewing VAT guides
- Timely delivery of flawless reports to Client Managers
- Training and mentoring the Preparers
- Delivering country specific VAT or other tax related relevant trainings
- Troubleshooting and providing suggested approaches to client issues
- Taking part in ad-hoc projects
- Being the “Country Expert”
- Communication and co-working with other teams within company: (e.g. transition, testing, technology)
Regular follow-up on tasks, ensuring to meet the VAT filling deadlines
Education: min. Vocational Degree or College / University Degree
Preferred qualification:Tax, Finance related qualification is an advantage.
Specific professional qualifications: VAT technical knowledge
Professional experience: 3-4 years of working experience in tax / VAT / compliance
Languages: Fluent English, additional language is an advantage, for example Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and Greek
Other requirements: Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
Skills and competencies to fill the job
· Good verbal and written communication.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Diligent, attention to details
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Team player