Systems Engineer-Analyst (Windows 10)
Job Title: Microsoft Windows 10 Migration Engineer
Migration of the current Windows desktops/laptops to Microsoft Windows 10. The activities should follow the process, procedure and scheduling to be specified by our partner and use their approved tool sets.
The type of migration development and the type of devices are described below:
• By Type of Deployment:
i. Support Zero Touch
ii. Manual Deployment
• By Type of Device
iii. Thin Clients
Our partner's expectations of the analyst filling this position:
• Zero Touch devices: 20 migrations per day per resource
• Manual deployment – Thin Clients: 20 migrations per day per resource
• Manual deployment – Desktop: 10 migrations per day per resource
• Manual deployment – Laptop: 8 migrations per day per resource
The project considers 10 countries: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
Our partner will define the planning for the migration, as well as the tools to be used within the premises and systems for performing the activities.
The working hours of an engineer in any given country will be those specified by the local regulation for a standard work day.
This function would be primarily responsible for building and deploying windows 10 desktop and laptops as well as performing post migration support to the migrated environment and coordination to ensure the new environment is fit for purpose.
Technical training will be given to allow the analyst to gain the necessary skills required to undertake PC builds and software deployment as required.
Resource plan and skill required:
The engineer will be responsible for the following activities.
- Accelerate (Own Tool) Data Validation
- Microsoft Office 16 Validation for Win10 readiness
- Business engagement – ready for migration
- Communication to be issued (until Accelerate ready)
- Desktop Readiness Checks
- Operative System Deployment (OSD for Zero Touch) (Own Tool) migration support
- Engage with Regional Change Manager and Business Change Champions
- Asset Management – updates to Asset Manager (Own Tool)
- Support migration testing activities
- Desktop Build and deploy
- Laptop migration, build, deploy and engagement
- Post Migration Support
(What knowledge or experience of the role or the industry does the individual need, e.g. relevant work experience, industry and/or product knowledge).
Knowledge of working in a technical environment – request to client delivery stages, working within a team as both an individual and group contributor, self motivated to deal with complaints/ escalations and demanding workload/ high volumes of requests
(What specific technical skills does the individual need and at what level, e.g. specific IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modelling skills).
In depth knowledge of PCs, both desktop and laptop and their associated peripherals is essential. Must be able to follow a process to build the PCs with the current Partner's approved Microsoft operating system.
Ability to use MS Outlook, open and outgoing personality, ability to work under own initiative and deal with a range of tasks as required
(What academic/professional qualifications/registrations does the individual need – if relevant).
No formal qualifications necessary. Relevant work experience is sought
(What competency skills sets does the individual need e.g. organisational skills, planning, resilience, motivation, teamwork, verbal communication skills etc).
Written and verbal communications with peers and customers at all levels in English.