The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the solution expert of one or more functional area/module in SAP. SME is considered as the “go-to” person when detailed setup or solution design questions are to be addressed on a particular functional area.
- He/she is accountable for the following tasks within the change control process
- Creation of the Functional Design Documentation (FDD) including
- Detailed solution design
- Test scenarios/scripts to validate the solution Within the Operational Support process SME is considered as 3rd level support.
- SME act as liaison with the live businesses to:
- Proactively engage with solution proposals
- Keep up networking within the respective functional area/module
- Ensure leveraging best practices
- SME tightly collaborates with the Global Solution Architects to:
- ensure global template consistency
- solution fits across business areas
- SMEs supports multiple projects and BAU activities, so they are not dedicated resources for a single project.
- He/she reviews and supports testing of the developer code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified with the Data Migration / Integration and Testing teams in support of testing cycles
- College or University (IT /Business Degree or Equivalent)
- Five years plus working with SAP or variant in a hands on project environment
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions of SAP Controlling. Specific knowledge at least 2 of the following sub-modules of SAP CO:
- Overhead cost controlling, (CCA, Internal Order Accounting)
- Profit center accounting, (PCA)
- Profitability Analysis, (COPA)
- Product costing, (PC)
- Project Systems (PS)
- Strong spoken and written English