The position holder shall:
• Provide full administrative support to the Deputy/Regional Director
o Management of incoming and outgoing correspondence
o Organisation of the office routines and procedures o Management of the Deputy/Regional Director appointments and schedules
o Filing and archiving of important documents and correspondence
o Organisation of the Director’s travels o Supports the Director in completing mission notes and mission expenses
o Ensure smooth function and flow of communication of the Office of the Director during the absence of the Deputy/Regional Director.
o Provide feedback on the on-going issues to the Director during Director’s missions and absences
• Work closely with the Executive Assistant assigned to the office of the Deputy/Regional Director to ensure office coverage, coordination and efficiency of the ROE leadership team. This includes stepping in for each other during absences.
• Draft speeches, briefing papers and other documents for the Director. Ensure translation to the other working languages and Hungarian language when required.
• Oversee preparation of the briefing notes for the Director and for the other senior IFRC leaders when travelling to the countries of the Europe Region.
• Support Deputy/Regional Director in maintaining regular working communication flow with the Heads of Country and Cluster Offices and Federation Representatives in the Region.
• Develop agenda and background documents, and draft minutes of Movement meetings, SMT, EMM and other meetings as requested
• Coordinate the organization of SMT meetings and Task Forces lead by the Director. Take minutes of meetings as agreed and support follow up and decision implementation tracking.
• Keep track of and ensure proper follow up within the appropriate time-frame to issues within the purview of the Regional Director. Coordinate with relevant staff members and field colleagues as necessary.
• Coordinate the organization of diplomatic functions (ex. Diplomatic briefings, WDR launch, etc.), and ensure that proper protocol is followed in communication with external partners (including Ministries, Embassies or International Organisations).
• Manage specific projects and files as assigned by the RD and act as the focal point for specific thematic areas.
• Arrange and participate upon request in representation functions.
• Acts as a Team Leader for the assistants group in the Regional Office. This includes technical coordination, appropriate coaching and support to newly recruited members of the support team, organising the assistant team to ensure complementarity of roles, teamwork and overall efficiency.
• Coordinates sharing of experience and best practices with the Assistants teams in the sub-regional (country cluster), and country offices reporting to the Regional Office for Europe
• University Degree in business administration, international relations or other relevant field
• Significant work experience (3 to 5 years) in an administrative and office management role out of which 2 years with an international organisation, preferably with a humanitarian or development role
• International RCRC experience (preferred) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
• Proven track record of excellence in managing and supporting an executive office
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Team player.
• Handling of sensitive information, discretion, solid judgment
• Proven ability to draft correspondence and documents in English (advanced level)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and problem solving skills • Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines
• Interpersonal and diplomatic skills, sound judgment and maturity.
• Knowledge of protocol in international organizations.
• Focused on quality and standards, results, and accountability
• Proactive approach to finding creative and constructive solutions to difficult issues
• Fluently spoken and written English
• Good command of another IFRC working language (French, Spanish or Russian) is preferred
• Other languages: Hungarian
• Professional English knowledge
• Other languages are an absolute advantage
• International environment
• Room for improvement and personal, professional growth