We are looking for highly motivated individual to strengthen our partners Account Monitoring group in a role of the Accounting Analyst. This group monitors over 800 Payables related B/S accounts in more than 50 EMEA countries. The key objective of the role is to ensure the open breaks across all assigned account types and country clusters are timely identified, reported and followed through to the resolution. Our partner is working in the banking sector.
FUNCTION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Train to perform the following tasks:
RMO AMR (Accounts Monitoring and Reconciliation) team (Exception Owner) is responsible for ownership, investigation and resolving all exceptions in RMO P2P payables related balance sheet accounts to ensure issues and aging items are resolved before global BSS benchmarks are in breach.
• Monitoring of the activity and open reconciliation breaks on the EMEA payables Core accounts: Vendor Liability; Cash Clearings; other system accounts involved in Invoice and Travel & Entertainment expense reimbursement process;
• Review open items, follow-up with different teams to arrange missing information and escalate to Business Analyst / Team Lead / Account Owner;
• Reviewing of RMO Operations process controls and providing recommendations to various business units that will prevent future breaks;
• Initiate entries by debiting / crediting exception item and crediting / debiting adjusting entry.
• Responsible for ensuring exceptions are resolved on a timely basis and within the benchmarks established for the account e.g. Cash accounts and Vendor liability etc. Timely escalation of potential dependencies preventing compliance with BSS policy.
• Providing Operational risk with comments / feedback on the open reconciliation breaks including root cause, status update and target resolution date;
• Providing Global Recon Utility / Internal Control Units with comments / feedback on the open reconciliation breaks including root cause, status update and target resolution date;
• Escalate breaks to the responsible Business / Country Finance
• Reporting status of the open items to the Account Owner through regular or ad-hoc metrics
• Cross-train on primary responsibilities of peers to serve as a back-up when needed.
• Assist and work on special task / projects deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
• Support COB efforts for department as directed by management.
• Producing regular and ad-hoc metrics and reports for Management or for Auditing Bodies.
• Working with Project Teams (Global and Regional) and assisting with User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing and preparing reports on related test results
• Complete additionally any other tasks in connection with the role but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head
• Advanced written and spoken English Good user of Microsoft Excel and basic command of MS Suite
• Accuracy, attention to detail and strong work ethic
• Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and in a team, self-starter, able to prioritize
• Proactivity and customer focused approach
• Flexibility, sees challenges as opportunities and goes extra mile to resolve problems
• Work experience in multi-national, shared services or other company is advantage but not a must
• Preferred is BA/BS in Business, Economics, Finance, International Studies or Math
• Opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of a Shared Services and Resource Management Organization.
• Working with Citigroup business functions across the globe.
• Exposure to Local and Regional Management.
• Opportunity to get involved in projects and actively participate in standardization and reengineering efforts.
• Being part of a dynamic, global team in a constantly developing environment.
• Extensive trainings will be given.
• Home office