Our client is a dynamic and internationally growing group in the field of telecommunication and IT services. Operating in 20 countries on 3 continets to date, they are the European market leader in their niche.
To support them in further growth, we are currently looking for an based to become a member of their international IT team.
As a Network Engineer you are responsible for the optimal availability of the company network. To this end, you will take care of maintenance, timely identification and troubleshooting of issues. You plan, coordinate and implement the various measures and contribute by actively brainstorming, look critically and come up with suggestions for improvements of the quality of the network.
The daily operational activities consist of the following tasks:
· Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of new production environments
· Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of existing Network environments
· Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of our network connecting to the VMware environment
· Supporting and educating our Second Level Support in close contact with their customers
· Willing to learn to execute investigations, site visits, testing and feasibility studies of DOCSIS coax network solutions
· You design access network solutions, compliant to the overall network architecture, for implementing new services within project timelines and budget
· You verify independently the operational readiness, develop test procedures to ensure that newly deployed systems/services are correctly deployed and monitored
· Proactive monitoring of the Network to detect potential problems
· Document creation of design specifications, installation instructions, procedures, checklist and other network-related information documentation
· Work closely with other IT teams in an international environment
· Take part in an On Call rotation
· Participate in projects
You have a broad knowledge of networks within complex environments, you are highly communicative and even during busy times you know how to maintain an overview and set priorities. As a Network Engineer we are looking for an active and enterprising attitude and for you to be able to motivate and inspire others as well. You have a good analytical thinking ability and you take initiative to optimize the functionality, availability and reliability of network devices.
To qualify for this position, you have at least:
· Cisco CCNA certified
· 3-5 years of experience in a comparable role
· Deep knowledge of Network products including Cisco (ASA, Routers and switches), Audiocodes and Grandstreams
· Deep knowledge of network technology including Routing, Switching, Voice over IP, Asterisk, Site2Site VPN and Cisco anyconnect
· Good system knowledge with experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
· Experience with VMware virtualization
· Experience with basic Linux
· Experience with monitoring systems
· Excellent communication and technical documentation skills
· Excellent communication skills in English, Hungarian (German, French is a plus)
· Excellent team player
· Knowledge of DOCSIS based cable networks with CMTS, cable modems and understanding of provisioning and monitoring systems (DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, IPDR, TR-069, mediation, etc.) is a plus
· A valid driving license
· Ability to travel internationally (when it is safe)
- ITIL certification is a plus
A stable yet very diverse working environment with an outstanding team spirit and atmosphere.
If you love working in a very diverse and technical environment, within an awesome international team, this is the job for you!
Next to these amazing perks we offer:
· A high level of self- determination and -organisation
· Continuous professional development and trainings
· Flexible working time, home office days
· International contacts and travelling
· National and international career opportunities
· A stable working environment with an outstanding team spirit and working climate